Programs & Events Officer
Walkerville Council is a small, dynamic and innovative Council, which serves a community of 8000 residents in the Eastern metropolitan region. Council is seeking a suitably qualified Programs and Events Officer. This position reports directly to the Manager, Community Development and Engagement.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for delivering community events for people of all ages, and from all walks of life, as well as Council's annual civic events.
The Programs & Events Officer must have outstanding communication skills and be able to work collaboratively and autonomously. Strong organisational skills and a collaborative, people-centred approach are critical. This is a fast paced working environment and the Program and Events Officer is expected to deliver programs and events which are developed in consultation with key staff within the organisation, as well as the Mayor, CEO and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate's attendance will be required for out of hour’s meetings, activities and functions.
Your application should include:
- Resume highlighting your relevant knowledge and experience to the role; and
- Cover letter (maximum two pages), addressing the key focus area responsibilities within the position description.
- Qualification in program/event management.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in community programs and events.
Essentials for the job:
- A positive communicator and able to make connections with key stakeholders and build audiences through Council’s online social media platforms and website.
- An exceptional team player who can exercise good judgement in a variety of situations and maintain a balance among multiple competing priorities.
- An engaging facilitator who can positively represent the Town of Walkerville at community events.
View the position description here.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified within 14 days of the closing period.
Fiona Deckert, Manager Community Development & Engagement
8342 7109 or walkerville@ walkerville.sa.gov.au
Applications close Monday, 4 November 2019 at 5pm
Attention: Fiona Deckert, Manager Community Development & Engagement
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Post – PO Box 55, Walkerville SA 5081