Eastern Health Authority
Local councils working together to protect the health of the community
The Eastern Health Authority is managed by a Board comprising elected members from the City of Burnside, Campbelltown City Council, the City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters, the City of Prospect and the Corporation of the Town of Walkerville.
The members representing Walkerville Council are Councillor David Shetliffe, Councillor MaryLou Bishop, Councillor Elizabeth Fricker and Councillor Margaret Graham-King.
The Eastern Health Authority provides a wide range of environmental health services on behalf of the Walkerville Council such as:
Inspections and audits of the quality of food premises
- Licensing of supported residential facilities
- Registration and monitoring of cooling water and warm water systems
- Management of environmental sanitation
- Needle disposal
- Investigation of infectious diseases
- Training and education programs
- Immunisation programs
The Authority's staff can respond to your complaints and enquiries, and assist with professional advice on a variety of environmental health matters.
For more information about the full range of services available, visit the Eastern Health Authority website.
Public Health and Wellbeing Plan
The City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters, City of Burnside, Campbelltown City Council, City of Prospect and the Town of Walkerville have worked together to develop their first Regional Public Health Plan, in response to the requirements of the South Australian Public Health Act 2011.
The Plan outlines opportunities to promote and protect the public health of the community across 3 theme areas:
- Environments for Health – including the built, natural and economic environmental features of the region which influence health (including transport, walkability and open space);
- Capacity for Health - including lifestyle factors, community connections, access to services and community engagement; and
- Protecting Public Health - including immunisation, food safety, emergency management and public health services.
A copy of the Plan can be downloaded here.