Stobie pole art guidelines for community groups and individuals
In the first instance, approval to decorate a stobie pole must be obtained from SA Power networks:
Contact Vanessa from SA Power Networks on:
Direct: 08 8391 7739
Facsimile: 08 8391 7787
Before painting stobie poles please consider:
- That the painted image shall not be higher than 2.0 metres from ground level.
- That the artwork being placed on the poles may not constitute commercial advertising e.g. business name or logo, political material, local messages or directions or any other material likely to offend.
- That permission has been obtained from SA Power networks.
- That you consult with the residents directly adjacent the proposed stobie pole site prior to commencement and gain their approval to paint.
- That you are responsible for any ongoing maintenance of the artwork, and understand that if the artwork is tagged, SA Power Networks will paint over the work at their discretion. The use of an anti-graffiti coating should be considered once completed (if the work is to be on display long term)
- That during the painting process, consideration be given to the safety of the participants and the public, e.g. use of orange cones, high visibility vests etc. where appropriate.
- That you supply the Council with images of the finished works, artists names and location for our records. Information can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org