The Town of Walkerville's annual Hard Waste Collection Service in October has been replaced with an 'at call' collection service available throughout the year.
Residents are entitled to one free hard waste collection each financial year of up to 2 cubic metres (2m long x 1m wide x 1m high), the equivalent of a standard trailer load.
Bookings are essential and can be made3-4 weeks prior to collection at the time of year that suits you best. Please do not place items kerbside without having a booking.
Book your free Council collection today.
Call 8347 5170 or via the website eastwaste.com.au
• Whitegoods – for safety, please remove doors
• Floor coverings (up to2 metre lengths)
• Sheets of iron and guttering (up to 2 metre lengths)
• Timber (up to 2 metre lengths)
• Dismantled clothes lines
• Blinds and window coverings
• Bikes and toys
• Air conditioners
• Small items of scrap metal
• Hot water systems
• Lawn mowers
• Rainwater tank (segments up to 2 metre lengths)
Items not accepted
• No items too heavy for two people to lift
• No bricks, rocks, dirt, pavers, concrete and building materials
• No electronic waste -TVs, computers, or anything with a battery or cord
• No tyres
• No batteries
• No ammunition
• No asbestos
• No gas bottles -use Kwik Gas or Swap ‘n’ Go exchange services at participating service stations.
• No paints, liquids, motor oil or chemicals.
• No panels of sheet glass.
• No car parts – e.g. gearboxes, engine blocks and panels.
• No business or industrial waste.
Please note: Place your hard rubbish out for collection no more than 24 hours prior to your booked collection day.
Your amount of hard rubbish must not exceed 2 cubic metres (2m long x 1m wide x 1m high).
Unaccepted items will be left behind for you to dispose of in another way.
For more information contact East Waste on 8347 5170.