Daily Moves is a free supportive physical activity program for adults aged 65 years and above. The program aims to encourage participants to move their bodies daily for 30 minutes. Daily movement, including things like taking out the bins, can go a long way to maintaining independence, preventing frailty, managing chronic pain, keeping us socially connected, lifting our mood, along with many other benefits.
The program provides support to adults who are mostly inactive, with priority given to people who are mobility impaired, managing chronic pain, socially isolated, caring for someone, living with dementia or have other specific needs.
The Daily Moves team is producing free YouTube videos every week including strength training, yoga, Pilates and dance, so you can be active at home. For more info, and to sign up to their newsletter to be the first in the know, head here https://www.unley.sa.gov.au/Community-services/Senior-services-and-support/Daily-Moves
The Daily Moves Program offers:
- A free fitness assessment every six months, undertaken at a local venue or in the participant’s home,
- Development of individualised Daily Moves Plans,
- Access to complimentary physiotherapy, exercise physiology, personal trainer, support worker and/or volunteer to help participants get active,
- An exciting Come and Try program, offering a range of fitness opportunities and short courses, and
- A health education seminar program.
Every aspect of the Daily Moves program is free of charge.
The Daily Moves program works with local providers to create new videos each week, which you can stream from our YouTube channel. This includes all abilities workout videos, cooking demonstrations, health education talks, and more.
If you like what you see, click ‘subscribe’ so you can be notified when new videos are released. Also, don’t forget to sign up here to our newsletter to receive information and links to further resources on a weekly basis.
Daily Moves is available for residents in the following council areas:
- City of Burnside
- Campbelltown City Council
- City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters
- City of Prospect
- City of Unley
- Town of Walkerville
To find more information visit https://www.unley.sa.gov.au/daily-moves