Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
Our essential services and facilities are open
Our services and facilities are open and operating in line with the South Australian Government restrictions and health advice.
The health and safety of our community – as well as our Elected Members, volunteers and staff – is our first priority and we are taking measures to reduce the risk of the spread of COVID-19 and limit community interaction where possible.
Thank you for following the COVID-Safe rules during your visit, including using the COVID-Safe Check In, physically distancing, practicing good hygiene, wearing masks and staying at home if you are unwell.
Changes from Monday 17 January 2022
Civic and Community Centre
- The Civic and Community Centre will be open Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm.
- All indoor programs and events scheduled until 28 February 2022 have been cancelled, including the Community Fair on Wednesday 26 January 2022.
- Walkerville Library hours will be restricted to Monday to Friday, 10am-4pm.
- The library will be closed Saturday mornings and Monday evenings.
- All indoor library programs and events scheduled until 28 February 2022 have been cancelled.
- Number of visitors to the library will be limited to 25 customers at a time.
- Browse and borrow time will be limited to 30 minutes.
- Public PC use will be limited to 30 minutes.
- Available holds will be moved to the foyer, so borrowers can collect their holds straight from concierge.
Justice of the Peace
Council's Justice of the Peace service will be operating at reduced hours due to COVID-19:
- Monday 24 January 2022: 9am-11.15am
- Monday 31 January 2022: 10am-1pm
- Wednesdays and Thursdays: 10am-1pm
These arrangements will constantly be reviewed and any changes will be communicated through our website and social media channels.
Council is here for our community
📧 Join our mailing list to stay up to date with the latest local news
Council will continue to provide updates as more information is released. Please stay safe and, wherever possible, stay home.
For more information, please call the SA COVID-19 Information Line on 1800 253 787.