The World Health Organisation has announced that COVID-19 is a pandemic. We urge you to remain aware, not fearful. Council is continuing to provide all essential services to the community in line with State Government restrictions. Please note that non-essential services, programs and events will be impacted during this time. We are taking the below measures to prevent any potential spread of coronavirus to ensure the health and safety of those in our community.
As the situation changes, we will update the information on this page. Please visit the South Australian COVID-19 website for further information and updates.
If you would like to help someone out in your neighbourhood, please download this form and drop it in their letterbox or slide it under their door.
Civic and Community Centre
The Council office will remain open from Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm. We respectfully ask all members of the public to consider telephoning or emailing us rather than attending in person. Should face-to-face contact with a Council officer be unavoidable, we ask that you call us before visiting in person.
- Phone us on 8342 7100
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make payments online at walkerville.sa.gov.au/council/contactcouncil/electronic-payments
Council staff are maintaining a heightened focus on personal hygiene and social distancing of 1.5 metres. All service staff are required to thoroughly wash their hands every 30 minutes.
Walkerville Library COVID-19 Step 3 restrictions
Due to COVID-19 Step 3 easing of restrictions, in addition to the library’s standard Conditions of Entry as displayed on our website, the following temporary entry conditions currently apply.
TEMPORARY ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
- Opening hours will be temporarily limited to 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday;
- On arrival library visitors must attend the Concierge Counter for further instructions;
- Sanitiser provided must be used prior to entering the library;
- 1.5 metre social distancing needs to be practiced;
- A two-hour time limit in the library applies based on SA Pol and SA Health recommendations;
- Limited public PC’s are available to book onsite for short periods, along with printing, copying and scanning facilities;
- We ask that contactless (card) payments are made wherever possible;
- Do not attend Walkerville Civic and Community Centre if you or anyone in your group has any symptoms of cold or flu.
By entering the Walkerville Library you accept the above Conditions of Entry and any person failing to observe these requirements may be asked to leave.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation, together we can stop the spread.
Remember our library has many fantastic services available online, which you can access below and here: www.walkerville.sa.gov.au/community/digital-walkerville
For more information about how we are responding to COVID-19, please go to: www.walkerville.sa.gov.au/community/latest-news/covid-19
Playgrounds and exercise equipment
All Council playgrounds - Levi Park and Walkerville Oval playgrounds - and Willow Bend Reserve exercise equipment along Linear Park are open.
Please remember to practice social distancing and personal hygiene when using the equipment.
The household waste collection service will be maintained and will continue to run as scheduled.
Administration are reintroducing in-person Council events. For further details, visit www.walkerville.sa.gov.au/community/events
Community support programs and services
In order to remain accessible and to help reduce stress levels within the community, the Town of Walkerville will be collating a welfare list of residents who wish to be called if they are concerned about their ability to cope during this time. Services suspended include:
- Exercise groups
- Market run
- Community bunch
- Friendship groups
- Men’s shed
- Fishing buddies
- Lunch group
- Zoo group
- Seniors group
- Matinee group
- Strength for life
- Matinee performance program
Please note that HOME ASSISTANCE SERVICES continue. The Town of Walkerville works in partnership with the City of Prospect. For details on these services, visit prospect.sa.gov.au/community/community-services/community-support.
The most at risk in our community are those who have recently travelled to a high-risk country or have been in contact with someone who has a confirmed case of coronavirus. The more space between you and others, the harder it is for the virus to spread.
Due to COVID-19, all Eastern Health Authority immunisation clinics will be held at St Peters Library Complex (101 Payneham Road, St Peters).
These immunisation clinics will be conducted on an appointment basis only. If you have arrived expecting your previously scheduled drop-in clinic, please call 8132 3600 to check availability for that date. Alternatively, please book your future appointment online at www.eha.sa.gov.au or by calling 8132 3600.
Justice of the Peace
A volunteer Justice of the Peace will be available at the Civic and Community Centre from Mondays (starting 29 June 2020), 9.30am-3pm, Wednesdays 10am-1pm and Thursdays 10am-1pm.
- A new website has been launched where businesses that are still trading can add their details into an online directory. The Still Here website lists those companies which are trading through the coronavirus crisis so locals know what businesses are still open.
- The Town of Walkerville Grants Finder website allows businesses and members of the community to search for local grants. There are several funding opportunities now available for COVID-19.
Please follow the below tips
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water, before and after eating, and after going to the toilet;
- Cover your cough and sneeze, dispose of tissues, and use alcohol-based hand sanitiser;
- If unwell, avoid contact with others (stay more than 1.5 metres from people);
- Consider whether outings and travel, both individual and family, are sensible and necessary;
- Regularly disinfect surfaces such as tables, kitchen benches and doorknobs;
- Increase ventilation in the home by opening windows or adjusting air conditioning;
- Visit shops sparingly and buy more goods and services online;
- Consider whether outings and travel are sensible and necessary.
To stay up to date on COVID-19 visit, health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert or call the SA COVID-19 Information Line on 1800 253 787 (9am-5pm, 7 days).SA COVID-19 Information Line: 1800 253 787 (9am-5pm, 7 days).
For information on financial assistance, visit walkerville.sa.gov.au/community/latest-news/COVID-19-funding.