Council would like your feedback on its Draft 2021/22 Annual Business Plan
The budget sets out Council's plan to deliver services, facilities and programs to support our community and businesses over the next financial year.
Proposed key projects:
- $8 million Walkerville Oval Redevelopment ($4 million State Government contribution)
$1 million Council expenditure in 2021/22 to start construction on a sports and community hub (remaining funds to be spent over subsequent financial years)
- Levi Park Upgrade
$300,000 for a revamped eastern end with a new playground, barbecue area, timber decking, drinking fountain and landscaping \
- Alfred Street Road and Streetscape Project
$290,000 to improve vehicle movements and pedestrian safety by creating a one-way street, lowering the speed limit and increasing roadside vegetation
- Christmas Fair
$45,000 for the reintroduction of one of the Township’s most popular community events
- Local Area Traffic Management Plan
$25,000 to undertake traffic surveys and implement plans to improve transport issues
The draft budget is forecasting:
- An average residential rate increase of 1.91% (including growth)
- Total revenue of $10,851,434
- Total expenditure of $10,792,867
- Total expenditure allocated to capital works (the renewal of existing infrastructure, along with new projects, within the Township) of $3,058,108
- A budgeted operating surplus of $58,567
Community consultation - have your say!
- View and download our Draft 2021/22 Annual Business Plan online; or
- Collect a printed copy from the Civic and Community Centre (66 Walkerville Terrace, Gilberton).
To have your say, click here or scan the QR code and complete our survey:
Hard copy surveys are available at the Civic and Community Centre during business hours.
All feedback must be submitted by 5pm on Friday, 2 July 2021.
Responses received via the online survey will be compiled and provided to Council with statistical analysis for consideration at the 19 July 2021 Ordinary Meeting when making a final determination of the 2021/22 Annual Business Plan.
If you do not wish to provide a formal consultation response, you can still provide feedback to Council by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to the Chief Executive Officer at the Town of Walkerville, PO Box 55, Gilberton 5081 with the subject line “Draft 2021/22 Annual Business Plan”.
General feedback received via email or in writing will not be included in the formal analysed consultation results, however, will be provided to Council separately for information when making a final determination of the 2021/22 Annual Business Plan.